Tuesday, September 11, 2018

What I learned from Toastmasters in 2018 - about telling stories grandmother and Halloween

I went to a workshop at Sinha promoting club growth.
Tay told us that in house clubs are not successful if you have fewer than 30 employees because you cannot muster the 10-29 members needed for club meetings. Aim at businesses empolying 10,000 empolyees, with offices worldwide.

In September I went to Star Millennium Toastmasters at Cairnhill Community Club.

The visitor from Nee Soon East evaluated a speech containing three stories. One was about a grandmother and that story was last. She suggested that everybody had a grandmother so that story should come first.

 The other two stories should relate to the first. All three stories should be linked. "Without suggesting that you should in any way create a fiction," she said, "Perhaps you could suggest that your grandmother left no material goods, only good memories."

Relate her and her lack of possessions to the story about the man, Dr Richards, who was wealthy but when he suddenly got lung cancer realized that his friends and family mattered more than all his material possessions.

Halloween At Senja-Cashew (October 24)
The screen at the back of the room is used for projecting the agenda. the theme is Halloween. Wear orange  (or orange and green? - that rhymes). I sent a what's ap message to say I was attending, or rather tho check the meeting was on.

The theme was Halloween and when we went round the table giving introductions to ourselves, sometody had said that if she had known the dress code was Halloween she would have worn something appropriate. I thought the same. I was in Daeso where a huge number of Halloween items were on available. I din't bother to look at them, didn't think they were relevant.

What can I do? Now I can dress all in orange to fit the theme, just in case. Some clubs offer an award for the best dressed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home