Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Ribbon Winning Table Topic - What Do You Like About Your Paradise Destination, Singapore?

Ribbon Winners. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


What do I like about Singapore? The palm trees, coconut palm trees. I look out of my window on the 12th floor of a condominium and see green coconut palm trees all around the blue Olympic size swimming pool. Of course, you can't sit under the palm trees, in case a coconut falls on your head. I looked out of my window and saw the estate gardeners had a pile of coconuts they had cut down for safety. they were using a machete to cut the top off a cocunut for a lady.

I thought, I'd like to try a fresh coconut. So I ran to get a few. I thought I'd get four. But coconuts are extrememly heavy. I could only carry one.

Coconut milk is very diappoinint. It's not coconut milk, when the cocunut is young, it's watery. They call it water.

Nothing like the delight of a Bounty Bar which we buy in England. Admittedly they are full of shredded ripe coconut , probably soaked in syrup, then coated in chocolate. Yum, yum.

They don't have Bounty bars often in Singapore. Why would you? They have real coconuts.

Never mind. In England we have Bounty Bars.

Angela Lansbury, CL, ACG.
Please share links to your favourite posts.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home