Wednesday, January 16, 2019

I tried to visit two clubs in one night - and failed

I tried to visit a club which was supposed to run from 5.30 to 7, then a club from 7 to 10.30.

I thought that the person driving me to the first club would let me speak first, drive me to the MRT station at half time. I might arrive late at the second club, but not later than half time.

Several other toastmasters do two clubs in one evening. They leave at half time. But they have cars and drive themselves on to the next club.

You could occasionally do it by public transport. But only if the places were nearby, and you could be sure the second meeting would run late and not end early.

Don't rely on somebody else to get you moving.

If you want to leave, insist on it. Don't just tell the person giving you a lift. Tell the person responsible for ensuring the meeting runs on time.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home