Monday, March 25, 2019

Best Table Topic Speaker - The Turning Point In My Life

At Filcom Toastmasters Club, Monday March 25 2019, I won the best speaker ribbon on the topic:
The Turning Point of My Life

The turning point of my life was when I got married. The day after I got married I discovered there are two ways to put toilet paper in the holder. I always thought that the way my family had done it was the same as the way it was done all around the world. I was wrong.

There are two ways to hang up toilet paper. One is the way my mother did it. That other is the way my husband's mother did it.

We argued about this. For two whole days. On day three we stopped arguing about this. We started arguing about something else. How to boil an egg.

There are two ways to boil an egg. The way my mother did it. The way his mother did it.

The way my mother did it was start with cold water and cook for five minutes. The way his mother cooked an egg was boil the water then add the egg and cook for three minutes.

After two days we stopped arguing about this. He cooked the eggs.

I put the toilet paper in the holder the way he liked it because I was living with him and I was not living with my mother.

Now whenever I look at toilet paper or a boiled egg I remember the turning point in my life.

Angela Lansbury, blogger and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.

  

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home