Thursday, April 30, 2020

HPL Follow up on learncool April 30

Thurs 30 April

FAQ -

1 Start with how to login.
Q  Do I need a password?
In zoom, yes. But in some recurring meetings you can enter your email, join with facebook, automatically log in. Often you then need to wait for the host to admit you and a sign will say so.
If you can't log in, maybe you have two zoom windows open, one still open from a previous meeting. Shut them both and log in again.

2 Is my information secure on this site?

3 Does it matter if I am on a phone instead of a laptop?

4 I have logged in but nothing is happening.
This is security, for zoom and everywhere. to prevent strangers joining in, the host has to admit you first and they may be busy advising somebody who is already in the meeting room.

5 How to join the meeting?
A In learncool.sg join by clicking on conference.

6 Q Why is my face hidden?
A You have covered the lens on your laptop.

7 How can I hide my face? (I am eating and then need to reapply my lipstick and comb my hair.)
Now, how can I show my face?

8 I can hear but not see anybody.
Look for a microphone with a oblique line or the word mute, which changes to unmute.

9 I see everybody except myself. Where am I?
It's a large meeting and there are two pages of pictures, otherwise you would all be tiny. Click on the arrows to right and left, or up and down if pictures are in a column, or 1 and 2 or higher numbers for the different pages.

10  See The Speaker
How can I see the speaker, large?
At the top or bottom of the screen is a series of squares representing how many screens are shown. it could be one, two, four or multiple. It might say, all or speaker view. change the view to see everybody or one person, the speaker or host or the speaker at that moment.

11 Timer - See
How to see the timer?
Scroll through the 2 or more pages showing the small screens of people. Look for the person labelled timer. Remind them to show the colour cards. Pin their screen by clicking on three dots top right of the miniature oblong screen. If you are the Toastmaster of the day or contest chair, ask the speaker if they can see the timer before they start speaking.

12 Timer - Be
Help. I am timer. How to show the timer?
Use your mobile phone to time. That's why it is easier to use your laptop or ipad for the conferencing, so you can use your phone to look things up on Google in Wikipedia, or show the timer.

13 Quit
How to leave the meeting? in learncool.sg, click on the red phone, like in whatsapp where  you click on the red phone to end the phone call.

14 Photo Taking
Finally, where can I see the group photo? On Facebook on the BHA page, on Angela's Facebook page, in our WhatsApp group or on Learncool.sg BHA wall.

15 Selfie?
How can take a selfie? Screen shot. Find the PrtSc key on your keyboard. It saves one

Finally, where can I see the group photo? On Facebook on the BHA page, on Angela's Facebook page, in our WhatsApp group or on Learncool.sg BHA wall.
icture of the screen to your clipboard. You must immediately paste it somewhere else of it will be overwritten by the next thing you copy or save.

Update
My plan is to produce a leaflet to show all controls, what to do to mute, unmute, show video and change user name.

And chat.

Useful websites
TI
Facebook BHA

Author
Angela Lansbury, author and trainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home